The Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs in cooperation with Metropolis International invites national and international PhD students to apply to participate in the PhD Forum of the 25th International Metropolis Conference 2022, taking place in Berlin on the 4 September at TU Berlin.
Call for PhD Forum applications
The PhD Forum
Within the framework of the 25th International Metropolis Conference 2022 a selected group of PhD students will have the opportunity to pitch their research to other PhD students as well as representatives of local civil society, politics, academia and business.
The PhD Forum is made up of the PhD students’ presentation of their research. The presentations are done in the format of a five-minute pitch.
The selected PhD students are invited to also join the rest of the conference without paying the participation fee.
Applications for the PhD Forum
We welcome applications of PhD students from all disciplines linked to migration, mobility and its governance, integration & inclusion, and diversity. Applications with a research focus that address the technological development and the future of work are especially encouraged. Further, applications to one of the other conference themes from a comparative, interdisciplinary or transdisciplinary perspective are appreciated.
Deadline for submitting applications:
15 June 2022
PhD students notified of decision:
30 June 2022
Applications can be processed or changed until:
15 June 2022
General requirements of the application process:
- All applicants must be involved in a PhD programme or enrolled as a PhD student at a university.
- PhD research must be related to the general themes of the conference, preferably to the theme ‘technological development and the future of work’.
- All applications must be submitted in English.
- All submissions must be processed via the online template provided.
- Standard abbreviations may be used for common terms only. Otherwise, any abbreviation should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name appears in full in the body of the abstract.
Applications must include:
- Name of the PhD student and country/countries they associate with
- Institutional affiliation
- Title of pitch
- Short description of PhD research: 300 characters, including spaces
- Short abstract of five-minute pitch: 150 characters, including spaces
- Academic CV in PDF format
- Optional: upload of a letter of recommendation in PDF format
An adjudication committee composed of professors, representatives of civil society and members of the task force will meet to review the applications after the submission deadline. The adjudication committee will consider complete applications.
Apply now to participate in the PhD Forum of the 25th International Metropolis Conference 2022 in Berlin.
We look forward to receiving your proposals and to welcoming you to the 25th International Metropolis Conference 2022.