Deadline for submitting a workshop: February 28, 2022
Author notified of decision: April 15, 2022
- Cross-sectoral participation – at least two of these sectors must be represented: policy, research, civil society, business; and
- Multiple geographic representation – active speaker participation from more than one country.
The conference workshops are a key forum for knowledge exchange and mobilisation across sectors, disciplines and borders.
Format possibilities: panel discussions, round tables or other interactive formats that allow ample opportunity for discussions and debate. We encourage the use of modern involvement-oriented formats such as open space, world café, warp conference, fishbowl or PechaKucha.
Duration: 90 min. per session.
Speakers: usually a max. of 4 speakers (10–15 min. each) from a variety of sectors (e.g. NGOs, academia, policy, community) and different countries. A higher number of speakers is not encouraged, unless they are part of a panel with shorter presentations.
Moderator/convener: workshop proposals should identify a convener (usually the workshop organiser) who will be responsible for coordinating the workshop and for securing at least 30 min. of discussions per session.
Specifically for workshops:
- All speakers/presenters are required to register for the conference in order to ensure inclusion of abstract(s) in the final programme and conference participation.
- Abstract submission includes:
- Name of the author(s); organiser and country/countries they associate with
- Institutional affiliation(s) & sector of presentation of each presenter; organiser (e.g. research, policy, civil society, NGOs or business)
- Title of presentation
- Type of presentation (workshop, individual paper, multimedia/research poster)
- Standard description of presentation content, including policy and practice implications: 1,500 characters
- Compressed description of presentation: 350 characters
- Submissions can be made individually or co-authored.
- Abstracts to be submitted in PDF format.
- Tables and graphics should not be included.